I've now surpassed the 30 week mark!
My weight is creeping up faster than I'd expected at this point, but the reality is that even as big as I am, I don't feel as big as I look and my jeans still fit great. I've been this weight before with my other full-term pregnancies, but I remember feeling like a big fat pregnant lady who couldn't get off the couch without help.
That's not the case this time around at all. I still have a ton of mobility and can do things like put on my shoes and socks without a ton of effort. Driving is easier than I'd expected, too. Early last month I was having trouble turning my torso, but some exercises have really helped out.
I met with Dr. H again today and with the nurse practitioner at my OB's office earlier this week. Dash is still measuring well. She's not as big as I thought she'd be, but Dr. H says she may just be poised for another growth spurt.
Today her estimated weight is 3lb 10oz, putting her in the 58th percentile.
When I go back in two weeks from now, they'll run the first biophysical profile, which is a combination of tests that include fetal heart monitoring, ultrasound, muscle strength testing, fetal movement, etc. If anything looks suspicious, I'll either go in again in a few days OR get sent to the hospital for delivery. These will be done at each appointment from here on out.
The only other notable change is that the doctor now is pretty sure I can make it to 38 weeks and wants me to plan on that, rather than the 37 weeks we'd been working off for the last few months. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, but I also know that this baby could decide to come on her own before then anyway!
So now we wait, plan, and I keep sticking to my diet, even if I really miss potatoes!

No comments:
Post a Comment