In all honesty, I have hemmed and hawed all week about whether or not I wanted to share pictures of Jackson. His hands and feet are so tiny and perfect, but intrauterine death isn't gentle on the face and torso, especially for a baby in the 2nd trimester. The bones in the skull and the ribs are still so soft and they quickly softened even more.
So here is a gentle warning: Many people may find these picture graphic but this is the reality that we endured. These are the only pictures of my son that I will ever have.
My son didn't have to die. His death could have been prevented with a simple blood test that my doctors refused to run. Instead, he will live on only in the memory and in these cherished moments after his birth.
 |
| Fingers with fingernails |
 |
| Tiny little feet |
 |
| Even at less than 21 weeks, you can see his ankle bone forming. |
 |
| Look Mommy! Ten toes! |
 |
| Hand that was meant for holding. |
 |
Too in awe to cry
|
 |
| 9.2 ounces |
 |
| 9" long |
 |
| Tears were unpredictable |
 |
| I should have held him longer. |
 |
| He lost his son, too |
 |
| Goodbye, little Jackson. We miss you. |
**Please place comments on my blog, rather than on facebook**
He is beautiful. So small and sweet. Thank you for sharing Jackson with us. He will forever live in our hearts and memories.
ReplyDeleteHe is such a handsome little man Talia♥
ReplyDeleteTalia, thank you for sharing these precious photos with us. Jackson is handsome. I'm sorry for your loss. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteTalia, Jackson is so tiny and perfect. Life may be graphic, but Jackson's sweet self is not. At least, not to me. He is a beautiful creation of his lovely parents. <3 Much love to you both.
ReplyDeleteHe is gorgeous, Talia. <3
ReplyDeleteOh, Talia. He is beautiful. Perfect. Thank you for sharing your precious little boy.
ReplyDeleteTotally amazing! Jackson is perfectly formed! So sorry for your loss. Life is so precious, everyone should see pictures like this.
ReplyDeleteSuch a perfect little body. I'm so happy for you that you got some pictures to cherish as well as the memories. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect little boy. Lots of love to all of you Talia.
ReplyDeleteThank you to each of you. Today has been rough and reading through your comments and seeing the pictures of my sweet boy again has reminded me that I have many wonderful things to be grateful for.
ReplyDelete