Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June Update

My time is quite limited today but it's been a couple of months so I wanted to take 5 minutes for a quick update.
Dash is now 17 months old, fully potty-trained, and starting to talk!!
She mimics quite a few words and signs a few others. Today in the car, clear as day, said, "Thank you!"
It made me want to cry. She's a little speech delayed, like her biggest sister was, so to hear something so simple really made my day.
She still won't call me mama, but I'll take progress with other words instead.
She'll get there.
The Reader celebrated her 10th birthday last week. We also found out she earned a perfect score on her Math and Virginia Studies SOL exams and a 520/600 on her Reading exam. Her Reading exam was interrupted by a raging case of hand, foot, and mouth disease so I'm quite impressed that she did as well as a 520. The first day of testing she was sick but we didn't know it. By the next morning, she had over 20 sores in her mouth. She missed a week of school.
Spitfire has her birthday tomorrow. I am having a hard time believing she'll be 6. She's reading up a storm and last night I had to tell her to put the book away during dinner. I don't allow reading at the table for dinner time. We use dinner as a chance to talk as a family and books prevent that.
Also, let's face it: There are 3 kids at the table and food gets spilled all the time. So for the sake of all our books, they aren't allowed.
I am hanging in there okay. We made a half-hearted attempt at ttc this month but I highly doubt anything will come of it and that's okay still. We have some unique challenges ahead of us between now and the end of the year and although I'm ready to be pregnant one last time, it would really be better timing if we waited until January.
But you can believe that come January, we're putting all our cards on the proverbial table. I'll meet with my OB or possibly Shady Grove before then to get the meds I need to ovulate. I'm already monitoring my BBT because I had surprises and my cycles aren't even close to regular, especially when I'm breastfeeding.
And breastfeeding is still going really well. Dash nurses 3-4 times a day is all and is finally getting her appetite back. She also had hand, foot, and mouth disease and refused to eat solid foods for several weeks afterwards. Her weight is down a full pound from her 15 month check-up and I'm hoping we'll be able to get it back up before her 18 month check-up in a few weeks.
She sleeps in a toddler bed now, too. One of these days I'll go on my parenting high-horse about that but not today!
I have dishes to wash, a floor to sweep, and a daycare interview to prepare for. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment