Call me a little crazy, but I decided to delve into the world of essential oils back in August and I'm finding myself "hooked".
First off: the disclaimer. I am not a licensed aromatherapist. I am not a medical doctor. I am simply a woman with an opinion about a specific set of products and the benefits I have found in using them.
Phew. Didn't want y'all thinkin' I had any actual training. I don't!
Unless you count a bunch of videos I've viewed on doTerra's website and YouTube . . . but I don't count those so YOU shouldn't either.
I have always believed that the body has the power to heal itself but that sometimes that power gets lost. I also used to wonder at the gifts given to Christ by the wise men in Bible tales.
Why frankincense? Why myrrh? No need to question gold . . .
Several friends kept posting about essential oils and one of my daycare moms uses them to treat many things so I decided to do some personal research.
What I found amazed me. Frankincense and myrrh, as oils, were used in healing. Frankincense, in all honesty, is actually a form a sap from a tree, but it's healing properties are pretty significant and made it so valuable that it was given as a gift to kings.
I ran across quite a few studies, too. The first study that really caught my eye was this one on oil of oregano. Spoiler alert: Oregano kills MRSA!
It was just a few days later that I was added to an essential oils education group on facebook and a woman posted a picture of a wound with a gaping hole in the middle. It looked incredibly painful and I cringe just thinking about it. The picture was on the leg of an older child. She had taken the child to the doctor who prescribed some hefty antibiotics and told her to watch it carefully and to take her son to the ER if it got worse.
Instead, the mother decided to give essential oils and colloidal silver (I am only familiar with cs in that I've heard it used and saw something on Opera years ago where a man turned purple because of it . . .) She took pictures every morning and posted the healing progression.
I wish I could share those pictures because they were what led me to purchase my first essential oils kit.
Since August, I have used oils, in one form or another, daily. Most days I have my diffuser running in the playroom. The diffuser is a cool mist humidifier that breaks the essential oils into tiny particles that remain airborne, allowing us to breathe them in but also to cleanse the air. The oils I choose depend on whether there are runny noses, coughs, or my general mood.
In the back of my mind was the hope that I could use essential oils to help my body figure out how to accept a pregnancy. I asked women I knew and read blog after blog about essential oils and infertility and the same three things kept coming up: do a candida cleanse, change to a plant based multi-vitamin, and use Clary Sage essential oil for hormone stabilization.
Since I signed up with doTerra to purchase their products, I decided to use their products for these changes. I'll say that the vitamin complex, known as Life Long Vitality, is NOT cheap. It is, however, cheaper than fertility treatments and since I had already decided to take 4 months off treatments prior to beginning our IVF cycle in March, I had room in the budget.
In addition, I chose to begin a detoxification using an oil blend known as Zendocrine by placing a drop above my liver and rubbing it in. And I drank lots and lots of water with 2-3 drops of lemon oil to keep flushing the toxins out of my system.
So. Much. Water. Not excessive, of course, but about twice what I normally would have been drinking.
The results? I feel so much healthier!! My energy is amazing, my patience has extended, and for the month following my candida cleanse, my dandruff was GONE. I have since had a carb-a-holic fight and the dandruff is back, but I know how to fight it and when I'm willing to relinquish my carb addiction once again and I know how to fight the dandruff without using harsh chemical shampoos.
And the Clary Sage? Oh. My. Goodness. Talk about a libido booster!!
Let's just keep it at that for now. THAT is one oil to keep close-at-hand . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment