Tonight I completed my 7th dose of prometrium, 200 mg, taken vaginally. I actually like the forced 30 minutes on my back every twelve hours because it gives me time to think and to shut out as much of the outside world as I can.
Sometimes I just sit and play Candy Crush, but tonight my mind wandered to things I've been trying hard to avoid thinking about. It was during this wandering that I realized today was a bit of an anniversary. Eighteen months ago today my mother passed away.
As I lay in my bed with a pill shoved up my wahoo I was overcome with anger. I let it roll over me and felt the change from anger to a much preferred pain. After a few minutes, I began to wonder just how much of my loss of emotional control was related to continuing grief over the death of my mother, my baby, and what little relationship I had with my dad, and how much of the outburst was related to the prometrium.
I believe, in this case, the prometrium magnified my pain. I wish I could say it was simple, but it certainly doesn't feel that way when I'm experiencing it.
Have you have side-effects from your fertility meds?
No comments:
Post a Comment