Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blood Work Results

Not one to claim a great deal of patience, I called my OB's office this morning before the craziness of lunchtime set in.

The beta results were in, earlier than usual.  Before giving me the number, the nurse wanted to know how late my period was.  I laughed.  It's not due until Saturday.

"Oh, alright then.  Your quantitative hcg came back at 16.5, so you are pregnant."

A miracle has happened.  And I'm still too much in shock to be afraid.  I know that fear will set in within the next few days, but for now I can't believe it.  Sixty-four days ago I was in L&D, horrified and confused at all that had happened.

Now a series of milestones begins.  After reaching one, then we'll talk about the next.  First milestone will be to have a beta that doubles, give or take a little, on tomorrow's bloodwork.  After that we move on to viability at the 7 week mark.

Shock.  I don't even know what to think or what to say.

4 comments:

  1. You don't need to think or say anything. Just smile. Today you are pregnant. Our past does not predict our future. xoxo

    Stick little bean, stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news! Congratulations! I'll be thinking of you and praying for a healthy pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! Love you, Tal! You're always on my mind!

    ReplyDelete