When it comes to health and standard doctors' offices, I never get a phone call unless the news is "not so hot".
So when Dr. Hamersley's name showed up on my caller ID, even though I was in someone else's home dropping off one daughter and picking up the other at dance camp, I answered!
It turns out that my anti-Xa levels were way too low, even with the new dosing.
The nurse and I went through exactly what I had done with my shots last week.
Wednesday: 60mg/60mg
Thursday: 40mg/60mg
Friday: 40mg/60mg
Saturday: 40mg then 3 hours and 10 minutes later, my blood was drawn for the anti-Xa test.
The range Dr. H shoots for as far as low molecular weight heparins at 3hrs is 0.5-1.0. My result from Saturday was 0.1.
Nowhere near the desired range.
So effective immediately, I am on a 60mg/60mg dose until further testing dictates otherwise. I now have over 2 boxes of the 40mg shots laying around, but will keep them on hand in the event that they're needed further down the line or during my postpartum phase.
My next growth ultrasound is two weeks from today and if Dr. H hasn't sent a new anti-Xa requisition by then, I'll request one and get my levels tested once again. It is clear to me that my body really really doesn't like being pregnant!
I will forever be thankful for the woman in a facebook group who recommended that I see Dr. H. Without Roberta's recommendation, I would never have discovered Dr. H and would have been guaranteed another pregnancy heartbreak.
The outcome on this one is still unknown, but at least I have a doctor who is being diligent with my testing and understands my concerns from a first-person point of view.
No comments:
Post a Comment