Tuesday, October 28, 2014

25 Weeks

As I attempted to sleep last night, I realized that most women would reach 25 weeks and think "15 weeks left, give or take a little."

Not me! "I can do another 8 weeks. Come on, body, you can do this!"

And so far, my body and the baby are cooperating, so I'm going to keep thinking positive as best as I can.

Every 3 to 4 nights I have a night where my anxiety really does get to me and before I went to bed last night, I could sense the pending storm. Dash was quiet during the night, but not so quiet as to cause some of the full panic attacks I've had in the past that leave me hurrying downstairs to my rocking chair and doppler for a heartbeat check. I was able to lay in bed and practice my Hypnobabies breathing and an anesthesia technique that allowed me to sleep for what amounted to several 90 minutes stretches.

So it wasn't a great night's sleep by any means, but I made it through with what felt like only a few loose shutters, rather than having my mental home washed out to sea.

My husband and I were both very busy the last two days and I feel like I've barely seen him. I don't like those days very much, especially when they're back-to-back. Tonight we'll have more time together and I'm looking forward to it, even if it will be a busy evening. We meet with our chiropractor again (hallelujah!) and then will be doing dinner at Costco along with gassing up the van and getting a few supplies for an upcoming road trip.

Our daughters are excited about this trip. The youngest keeps trying to compare it to our quick trip to North Carolina back in May, but telling her the drive is twice as long doesn't seem to be settling in for her, and our trip to Palmyra, NY back in July must have felt much shorter to her, since that trip never gets mentioned. Perhaps by the 400th mile she realize that a long trip really does mean long??

Who am I kidding, she'll be asking "Are we there yet?" before our second get-out-and-stretch break.

And in another 8 weeks, friends and family can start asking me something similar: Is Dash here yet??

But until then, the Bump grows so my shirts are getting shorter, the hips are starting to ache at night, and her knees, elbows, and feet are starting to poke in distinct places. And I wouldn't have it any other way.




No comments:

Post a Comment