Thursday, October 9, 2014

Knock Knock. . . Ring!

My doorbell was rung right after a distinct knock this morning.

UPS came!

I never get a delivery unless I've ordered it myself so I knew exactly what it was.

HOMEWORK!

Last week, with Dash measuring close to a pound, it was time to commit to my goal of another epidural-free delivery. I researched several methods and decided to go with Hypnobabies.

FYI: The comb covering my address was made in a 3D printer by my 8 yr old

They take their piracy and return policy pretty seriously.



But I'm committed.



My intro letter.


An enrollment form for me to return to them.


And my homework!


If my research is correct, I will have half an hour of listening to do each day in addition to the reading materials.

Naptime begins in about an hour and my studying will begin. After the night I had last night (almost no sleep) I hope there is something - - anything! - - to help me get some rest. Even on anxiety free nights I can't seem to sleep.

Dash was having a solo dance party last night, so I certainly wasn't anxious about her last night.

I managed 5 minute snippets until around 12:30, at which point I tossed on some pjs and headed down to the rocking chair. Every little noise was keeping me awake, and I'm fairly certain my 8 year old was having a rough night, too, because her bed kept creaking as she squirmed in it. Even from the main level of my home the noises I kept hearing were bothering me, so I put on some headphones and turned on Pandora. 

Normally, those kinds of noises wouldn't keep me awake, but it seems that is not going to be the case for several months. I can't stay up like that every night, even if reading the Birth Without Fear stories swelled my heart with joy.

I need sleep! The Natural Calm Dr. H recommended is helping with the anxiety and keeping my bowels moving, but not sleep.

And I'm exhausted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment