Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Empathy vs Sympathy

This isn't anything new to me, but I thought I'd share this for those who haven't figured it out.



To all of you that have shown empathy, I'd like to say Thank You.

Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone.

Thank you for calling my son by name.

Thank you for sharing my story.

Thank you for the candles that glowed with love.

Thank you for the flowers that have filled my home with a little sunshine.

Thank you for reading about Jackson's birth.

I know the time will come when a friend or stranger will go through a 2nd trimester loss and when she does, I will be here, ready to climb down the ladder into the grieving abyss to give you a hug.

I know what it's like.  And it sucks down here.  And you're not alone.

2 comments:

  1. You are one of the strongest women I know and you and we have never even met IRL. To push on second by second is true beauty. Jackson may be gone but he will never be forgotten♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jessica. I aure don't feel strong today. Singing about Christ and the Resurrection right now are of little comfort since I have no idea where stillborn children fit into God's plan and the eternities.

    ReplyDelete